Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bee Stings and Butterflies

Romans 1:20** For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - His eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
My daughter and I took a nice walk on this beautiful, non humid day. She chased butterflies and adored each one for it's unique qualities. When we returned, as she was laying in the flowers (clover) she decided she would be a bee and sting me. So she chased me around our field as I tried to dodge the ever moving stinger (sometimes it was on her bottom, then it would be her belly, finally it was her outstretched arms coming after me). In my classroom this year we hatched butterflies from caterpillars. I read and realized that when a caterpillar is in the chrysalis, it completely liquefies prior to metamorphosing into the butterfly. I have been in awe of that revelation since. I think it has something to do with water and a rebirth. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to be antagonistic in citing "only those who are baptized will be allowed in heaven" (I personally have not found Scripture backing that belief). I also realize that baptism is very important (Matthew 28:19** Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit; Matthew 3:15-17**Jesus replied,"Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like dove and lighting on Him. And a voice from Heaven said, "This is my Son, Whom I love; with Him I am well pleased."). If Jesus was baptized and it made God well pleased - I want to emulate that behavior. Or if one will not profess Christ as their Savior publicly, there could be a salvation issue (2 Timothy 1:8,9a**So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me (Paul) His prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the Gospel, by the power of God, Who has saved us and called us to a holy life...).
I guess in summation, I want to make sure that I don't conveniently move my 'stinger' around so that I can get someone or catch someone doing something I may not necessarily agree with. If it is not stated in the Bible as wrong according to God - I do not want to judge. Also, I am starting to realize the metamorphosis that happens as God transforms our lives (Romans 12:2**Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will.) I am not able to see all that God is doing. Many times there is a chrysalis that hinders me from seeing all that God is doing and planning for that person. I need to patiently wait and pray for God's will for His precious butterfly. Then praise and thank God for the way He uniquely created each of us
I love nice walks on cool days! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment